My annual buying frenzy is basically at an end - I don’t care how often Amazon says “Cyber Monday” as if that’s a thing, as if it’s 2001 and we’re all still confused and frightened by the internet and did not spend our weekend doing shopping online, I’m pretty much done.
Here’s what I picked up for myself.
- Tearaway was absolutely a last minute purchase - for whatever reason it sat at full price all weekend and then suddenly dropped $10 today.
- 1 Year of PS+ for $30 seemed like a no brainer given 90% of my Vita library is games that go away if I give up this service.
- Django Unchained rounds out my Tarantino blu-ray collection for like $9.
- Lockout: Unrated holy shit is this movie basically the silliest. It’s Escape From New York in Space, and Guy Pearce at his full-on shit-eating-grinniest. He’s always playing somber roles, it’s dope as hell to see him cut loose in this thing. Unfortunately the theatrical cut was PG-13 and the weird edits to remove the violence really sucked the fun out of it, I was willing to be $6 that this fixes it.
- Metro Last Light & Assassin’s Creed IV - I basically bought these ($20 and $35 respectively) as a gesture of good faith towards my friend Eric Pope, who loves them to pieces. I’ve never played a Metro game, and the last AC was garbage, but he swears that these are great, so I went for it.
- Dark Souls - This was absolutely the stupidest thing I could have purchased. What a waste of $7! Why would I buy something I KNOW I’m not going to enjoy? Such a dumb move. I played 20 minutes of it, and wondered why I was doing this to myself the whole time.
A bunch of this stuff is still on sale if you want to pick any of it up.